Thank you for choosing NAAMA for your tattoo clearing journey. We can’t wait to help you change your body art—whether that’s getting it gone for good or ready for what’s next.
One thing to remember about us is we prioritise health and safety above all else. We’re deeply committed to helping you achieve your desired results, and we pride ourselves in providing a safe, premium and comfortable studio environment for your treatments with our expert consultants.
We work with a range of lasers at NAAMA and exclusively the LightSense laser system, the most advanced and safest tattoo removal technology in the world. Nevertheless, as with any medical treatment, there are risks associated with lasers generally and we want to make sure you’re informed. These include:
Read the health & safety consent:
As with any medical treatment, there are risks associated with lasers generally and we want to make sure you’re informed. These include:
- Being in a room with lasers carries a risk of eye damage; we minimise this by insisting you wear super-stylish, protective goggles throughout treatment.
- The laser system we use is far less painful than traditional devices, however pain is subjective, and you may feel some discomfort.
- We use cold air prior to and during treatment to numb the skin and ensure you feel more comfortable. We also provide ice packs pre-and-post treatment because ice packs are always a cool idea
- You are welcome to use a numbing cream to aid the comfort of your treatment. If you opt to do so, please ensure you apply at least one hour prior to your appointment, as per the manufacturer’s guidelines
- It is common (defined by occurring in more than 50% cases) to observe the following post-treatment:
- A thin white film called ‘frosting’ on the skin. Typically, this subsides within 5-10 minutes, but it may take longer.
- Whitening of hair in the area, especially when treating eyebrows. This is due to the hair losing its pigmentation; it is not related to hair loss and will not impact the colour of regrowth.
- It is highly unusual, but there is a risk that you may experience:
- Permanent localised scarring
- Hair loss or thinning within the tattoo area
- Infection of the tattoo area following treatment
- Temporary or permanent pigmentation changes within the area
- There is also a risk that your skin reacts unfavourably during, or following, treatment.
- Reactions can include redness, bleeding, bruising, blistering, peeling, scabbing, swelling, stinging, mild burning sensation, itching or discomfort. Correctly following the aftercare instructions may reduce the likelihood of these occurring.
- If you experience any of the above, please let us know immediately. Do not try to treat this yourself without speaking to one of the team. We are available 24/7 and just a phone call away should anything come up outside the studio.
- In the week following your treatment, we recommend keeping the area covered and not exposing it to direct sunlight till the area is healed.
- Practising sun-safe skincare is cool, so keep at it and regularly apply sunscreen with high SPF and UVA 4*+ rating throughout your removal journey, between your treatments and for a month after. Consistency is key!
- Looking a little crispy? Unfortunately, we won’t be able to treat your tattoo if the area is burned, blistered or deeply tanned at any time during your journey. We’ll wait until the area is fully healed.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com or speak with our studio team before your appointment, and they will be happy to help.